Monday, March 22, 2010

Book News: Maggie Stiefvater publishing deal!

Forgive me if this is old  news.  OK, I know it is so last week, but I just started this blog today, and I wanted to record this.  As previously mentioned, I loved Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver,  and am eagerly awaiting it's follow up, Linger.  So, I was very  excited to hear that final book in the series Forever is due for release in summer 2011.  I am already counting down the days.  Seriously.  Added to all this, Maggie has signed a deal to write three stand-alone young adult fantasy novels.  Very exciting.  And if that's not enough  excitement for one day, the film rights for Shiver have been optioned by Warner Brothers.  I would so love to see Grace and Sam on the big screen.  I am not sure who I would cast in this movie though.  I usually want Chace Crawford or Paul Wesley to play my brooding romantic hero, but neither of these guys is right for Sam, so I'll have to think about it.   Nevertheless,  this is an exciting time for Maggie, and for us fans too!

As an added bonus, you get a picture of me with my beloved copy of Shiver.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment