Sunday, November 4, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012 - Here I Go Again!


Current Day: 4
Word Count: 4,298 / 50,000
At This Rate You Will Finish On: December 16th 2012. 
(Better get writing!)


Hi guys! It's that time of year again - NaNoWriMo time!  NaNo 2011 was the first time I had ever really tried out creative writing and I had a ton of fun with it, so much so that I'm participating again this year.

I got to 50,000 words last year, but you know what - those words sucked. All of them! I read over my manuscript from last year now and cringe!! I'm not churning words out this year at the same rate as I was in 2011, but the words I am getting down are definitely not as sucky as the crap I wrote last year. So that's good!

Also, my big struggle last year was with dialogue. I had written essays forever, but I'd never written dialogue. It was so alien to me. I'm glad to say that the dialogue is flowing much easier this year!

Are you participating in NaNoWriMo? How's it going for you? And what are you writing about? I'd love to hear your NaNo journey!

My story is Paranormal YA.  Here's the synopsis I posted over on the site: 

Secrets never spoken....promises broken....dark parties....a dance with the devil....and you can never tell...
Paranormal YA - hot guys, bad girls and the summer when everything turned strange. 


 You can add me as a writing buddy! I'm Shutterbug_99 




Because I'll be spending November on NaNoWriMo things will be quieter than usual on the blog.  I won't disappear completely, but I won't be posting every day.  Jen, Liz and Emily will be along with some great reviews this month and I also have a bunch of author interviews and some giveaways lined up!


Now, back to writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment