Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Top Ten Books of 2012, The One That Got Away in 2011 and the One I'll be reading in 2013!

Here's a list of my favourite books of 2012, the 2011 book that missed out on last years list, but which I had to include this time around and the 2012 releases that I really need to read next year!

* I used UK 2012 release dates for this list - if anybody was wondering about the inclusion of certain books. :)

Want to see my 2011 list of favourites? It's here

So, onto my favourite books of 2012. 

Click on cover images to read reviews. 

NUMBER ONE 


No review for this one yet, as I read it just last week, but Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, one of my final reads of 2012 was also the best.  I literally couldn't put this book down until I was done with it.  Expect my review early in 2013. I can't wait for the movie of this one!

-----


NUMBER TWO



What I Said:

Totally addictive and all-consuming


Hands down the hottest book I’ve read all year.

On Dublin Street is a book with heart, and it is clearly written from the heart too.

-----


NUMBER THREE 



What I Said

An outstanding debut.

Brodi Ashton writes from the heart, never skimming the surface of raw emotion.


Everneath gets ALL THE STARS from me.

-----

NUMBER FOUR


What I Said:

A wonderful read.

Pitch Perfect.

This  book has passages to bookmark, quotes to remember, and words to savour, words that will make you think, words that you won’t forget. 

-----

NUMBER FIVE


What I Said:

Complex, creepy and all consuming.

I totally lost my heart to Noah Shaw.  

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is dark, haunting, atmospheric and eerie.

-----


Number Six: Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard.
Number Seven: Rage Within (Dark Inside #2) by Jeyn Roberts.
Number Eight: Until I Die (Revenants #2) by Amy Plum.
Number Nine: Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry.
Number Ten: Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson.



What was your favourite book of 2012?  What do you think of my list?

I'm a little surprised by the number of Contemps on there --a couple years ago I'd never read a YA Contemp and look at me now! I still haven't read any Sarah Dessen though, so I am still very much a YA Contemp novice!


The One That Got Away in 2011:

Because there's always one that gets away! I didn't get around to reading Divergent by Veronica Roth until this year, so I couldn't include it on my 2011 list, but now I've read it and I loved it, so it gets a special mention here!



The One I'll Be Reading in 2013.

Actually, there are two.  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein appeared on almost every end of year list I've seen, so I simply must check both of those books out in 2013.  I've heard some amazing things! 




If your favourite book of 2012 is not on my list, let me know in comments and I might just check it out next year!



----------

No comments:

Post a Comment