Saturday, February 2, 2013

From Book to Screen: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - Meet the Cast!

As a true TV and movie addict I'm always excited when books are optioned for the small or silver screen. Doesn't always mean that I watch them when they hit the screen (doesn't always mean that they'll be good!), but I love to follow the casting process of these things -- I'm currently obsessing over who will get the role of 'Four' in the Divergent movie.

Last week came news of a Delirium TV series, followed yesterday by news that Jenny Han's Summer series has been optioned for TV: [clicky] and today the most exciting news of all: Vampire Academy - the movie cast. 

Richelle Mead has done a full write up:[here] including the reasons behind the naming of the movie. FYI the full title of the movie is Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters as a nod to Rose and Lissa's unbreakable bond. 

Now onto the casting. They've gone with relative unknowns here and while I was sort of (totally!) holding out for Ben Barnes as Dimitri I have to say that these guys all at least look the part (and the guy playing Dimitri is Russian, which is pretty cool!) 

I hope that Zoey Deutch (Ringer, Beautiful Creatures) will be a good choice for Rose since we can't have Angelina Jolie or that lookalike of hers who appeared on the cover of the books.

Mostly I can't wait to see who they cast as Adrian for the next movie.

Onto the cast!


Zoey Deutch as Rose Hathaway




Lucy Fry as Lissa Dragomir




Danila Kozlovsky as Dimitri Belikov




What do you think of the casting choices? Love them? Hate them? Still sulking because Ben Barnes was not cast as Dimitri? Have alternative cast choices that you want to share?

Let me know in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment