Friday, June 27, 2014

Stacking The Shelves #10 - New Books From Abigail Haas, Laura Jarratt, Adi Alsaid & More!

Stacking The Shelves is hosted at Tynga's Reviews.
Links Lead to Goodreads 


Received for Review



Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas (Netgalley)
Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid (Edelweiss)

I LOVED Dangerous Girls when I read it last summer, and this sounds like another great murder mystery from Abigail Haas. I can't wait to get stuck in. Hoping for another deliciously wicked twist!

Let's Get Lost is top of my TBR for a couple reasons: 1- It's a contemp and in summer I'm all about contemps! 2 - It's got a road trip! 3- It's got a hint of mystery. 4-Every time I see this book I think of this song. And...I'm sold.




The Good Girl by Mary Kubica (Netgalley)
Virgin by Radhika Sanghani (Edelweiss)
Louder Than Words by Laura Jarratt



Bought


Lobsters by Tom Ellen & Lucy Ivison
Wish You Were Italian by Kristin Rae

I've heard great things about LOBSTERS from a bunch of bloggers and I have to say I've loved the sound of this one ever since I first heard of it. Sounds like a really great (and really funny!) coming-of-age tale.

I picked up Wish You Were Italian, because, well, ITALY! One thing: This is listed as part of a series (If Only #2) on Goodreads. I was pretty sure this was a standalone -- can anyone shed some light on this? Are they other books in this series linked to this one somehow? Companion novels etc? I'm really not sure.



Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walters
The Lemon Grove by Helen Walsh

Beautiful Ruins: I know, I haven't read this yet. I've heard all good things. I actually had a copy for review from Netgalley last year, but just like so many of my review copies from Netgalley this expired before I could get to it.

The Wrong Knickers: Here's my quick review from Goodreads:  Bright, bubbly (and often hungover!) Bridget-Jones-style memoir from Telegraph columist Bryony Gordon. I laughed a lot!

The Lemon Grove: I picked this up to see what all the fuss is about (This book has gotten a lot of press coverage!) My verdict: Hmmmm...I think this book is WAY over-hyped. It's was just an OK read for me.

 ********

That's it for this week!

Special thanks to my good friend Jess from Jess Hearts Books who very kindly sent me a copy of Written in the Stars by Ali Harris after discovering that the formatting in my review copy from Netgally had messed up formatting. Thanks, Jess! :)

Current Read: A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment