Saturday, July 12, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #11 - New Books From Melissa Marr, Alexandra Monir, Liz Bankes & More!

Stacking The Shelves is hosted at Tynga's Reviews.

Links Lead to Goodreads 

Received for Review



Made for You by Melissa Marr (Edelweiss)
Suspicion by Alexandra Monir (Netgalley by invitation)

I'm not sure how and I'm not sure why, but until this week Made for You by Melissa Marr had flown completely under my radar. I'm very glad I was pitched it for review, then, because I'd hate to have missed out on this "twisted southern gothic tale of obsession, romance, and murder." It sounds like a very "me" read indeed! Anyone read this one already?

 I can't wait to get stuck into Suspicion by Alexandra Monir. This one has been at the top of my wish list ever since I first heard about it months back. Based on Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca, that cover is amazing, and it promises an amazing mystery too.




How We Fall by Kate Brauning
Unstoppable by Liz Bankes
My Second Life by Faye Bird

----

I haven't bought any books in the last fortnight! I've had to cut back since my TBR pile is getting a little bit out of control! I've also cut back on the Netgalley/Edelweiss requests, but I couldn't resist How We Fall by Kate Brauning - I really like the sound of that one!

Speaking of that out of control TBR pile, I haven't been doing very much reading at all! Wimbledon and the World Cup have been eating into my reading time! I'm hoping to get stuck into Lobsters by Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison this weekend. I started reading it last week and it is very, very funny so far!

In other news, I've been watching The Leftovers which is a new HBO show based on Tom Perrotta's novel of the same name. Now, I haven't read the book, and I'm not really quite sure what's going on in the show (it's pretty weird!) but I'm kinda hooked all the same. I pretty much love strange shows of this type (Yes, I'm a big Twin Peaks fan too!)

Have you seen the show? What do you think of it so far?





That's it for this week!

Leave your thoughts and links in comments.


Currently reading:  Lobsters by Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison and Abroad by Katie Crouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment