Monday, April 19, 2010

Intense Debate commenting system on blogs: Yay or Nay?

I've been thinking about installing the Intense Debate comment system on the blog.  I installed it a few weeks back when I changed the entire layout of the blog, but at the time it was a change too far, and I uninstalled it.  Lately I've been seeing it on more and more blogs, and I have to say it looks the business.  I like that you can respond to each individual comment with the system, something I love doing, but can't do with the blogger system. I also love the 'comment luv' option that is available with Intense Debate as it provides a direct link to other blogs, and makes it easier for me to go check them out. So far, so good!

I'm just wondering if any of you have feedback on Intense Debate.  Are you using it on your blog, and if so, how are you finding it? Any problems? I've heard that installing it can affect google rankings, and may even mean that blog posts dont' show up in google searches. Anyone know if this is true?  I've also heard that it can be slow to load on blogs and I've noticed this myself from visiting blogs that have installed ID. Have you noticed an increase or decrease in comments since you installed Intense Debate?

It was actually very tricky (took me a while!) to uninstall ID from  here the last time I decided I didn't want it, so if I install it this time, it'll be here to stay! All feedback is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment