Sunday, November 14, 2010

In My Mailbox #22 - New Books This Week!

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren in which bloggers share the books they have received each week.

Click on links for Goodreads descriptions.


For Review:  So excited to read Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I've heard so many good things about this already! Can you believe I still haven't read Before I Fall? Ooops! I really must check it out soon!My copy is a UK ARC, so not sure if this is the final cover - I'll post it up if there's a cover change!


Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
<

Lauren Oliver astonished readers with her stunning debut, Before I Fall. In a starred review, Publishers Weekly called it "raw, emotional, and, at times, beautiful. An end as brave as it is heartbreaking." Her much-awaited second novel fulfills her promise as an exceptionally talented and versatile writer.



Bought:




The Distant Hours by Kate Morton.
I'm a big fan of Kate Morton's books and I can't wait to get started on this one. It's a huge book (my copy is almost 700 pages). Sounds like a good book to curl up with on a cold winter's night. Brrrr....

A Moment Like Forever by Martina Reilly.
This is my first Martina Reilly book, so I don't really know what to expect. I like the sound of this one, though. Sounds like a good mystery!

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.
This book only came to my attention a few weeks back when I saw the movie trailer, and loved it! The book sounds totally intriguing and I can't wait to read it. If you haven't already seen the trailer, you can watch it below. It's definitely worth checking out!




No comments:

Post a Comment