Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #31 - The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder.

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights eagerly awaited upcoming releases.


The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
Publisher: Simon Pulse.
Release date: June 28th 2011.

Sometimes there's no turning back.

Amber's life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of her family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell that he's also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she's drawn to him. And the more she's troubled by his darkness. Because Cade's not just living in the now--he's living each moment like it's his last.


I've never read a book by Lisa Schroeder before, and I've never read a book in verse either, so this one will be a whole new departure for me.  I love the sound of this one, and I've heard it described as a YA Before Sunrise, which means I just have to read it. Before Sunrise, starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy is one of my all-time favourite movies, and if you haven't already seen it, you simply must!


Let me know what you think of my WoW choice for this week, and share your WoW's in comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment