Friday, December 30, 2011

My Top Ten Reads of 2011, The One that got away in 2010 and the One I'll be reading in 2012!

Here's a list of the books I loved the most in 2011, the 2010 book that missed out on last years list, but which I had to include this time around and the 2011 release that I really need to read next year!

Want to see my 2010 list of faves? Click here.

Here are my favourites of 2011 from 1 to 10.

The Top Five:

Click on cover images to read my reviews.


 What I said:  

A powerful and heartbreaking book...one that details a defining, but often overlooked period of history.

Sepetys prose is simple and sparse...marvelously suited to this story that although harrowing, is also somehow beautiful.


This is a story that deserves to be told, and I can’t recommend it highly enough.



 What I said:


Ghostly, gothic, haunting and menacing, this book reeled me in and didn’t let me go until I was done.

 Tighter is spooky, shocking and unputdownable. It will play on your mind long after you finish it. A must read!




What I said

...an intense, exciting slice of apocalyptic awesomeness...

A survival story with chaos, anarchy murder and mayhem at its core, Dark Inside is not for the faint of heart, but since horror is my first love, I couldn’t get enough of this book! 



What I said

The boys of Unearthly are to die for.

In Unearthly, Cynthia Hand combines romance, mystery, intrigue, wonderful plot twists that I so didn’t predict, and great characters that I truly warmed to.




What I said: 

If you loved Angel, you will adore Angel Fire.

An intoxicating blend of action and romance, Angel Fire is an impeccably researched and beautifully written book which is an emotional rollercoaster of a ride from start to finish.


#6 - Clarity by Kim Harrington

#7 - Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

#8 Passion by Lauren Kate 

#9 - Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson 

 #10 Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson

Click on links to read my reviews. 


The One that got away in 2010:

Released in late 2010, I didn't get around to reading ANNA until 2011 and it fast became one of my all time favourite books, hence the honourable mention! 


What I said:


Read this book... It will make you so happy!


The One I'll be reading in 2012:

Whenever I admit I haven't read Divergent my book buddies tend to react with complete shock, disbelief even, and at this point I really feel like I'm missing out. Dystopian fiction isn't a huge favourite genre of mine (even though it's so hot right now, I know, I know!), but I've heard such good things about this one that I'll just have to check it out!




What do you think of my choices!

What was your favourite book of 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment