Thursday, December 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 - I'm a Winner!!


 Yay! I did it!

NaNoWriMo 2011 proved to be third time lucky for me. This is the first time I've ever actually written a word towards NaNoWriMo but I first signed up in 2009, and then I thought about it again last year. I guess this year I was ready!


To everyone who got to 50k this year - Congratulations! It was touch and go with me for a while, but I got a writing spurt a few nights back and wrote 5k in two hours and that's what saved me.  Then, and yes, you'll laugh, when I went to validate my novel yesterday I missed a chunk of paragraphs at the end of my WIP (this tells you what a mess my WIP is!) and ended up with 48,000 words instead of 50,000. Panic stations! It was pointed out to me on twitter though that this shouldn't have really happened, so I went and double checked, and phew, I made it!


If you didn't get to 50k this year - then better luck next year and be proud of those words you did write!

What do I do now?

I'm going to re-read my 50k in a few days and see if it all makes any sense to me. I know it's a total mess right now, and the story is totally unfinished but maybe there's something there...you never know. I'll keep working on it!


Also, now the search for the hot boys name begins. I've already brainstormed with my sister and we came up with nothing that suits him just right. My boyfriend told me to call him Ernest(?!!) I think naming him could take forever!


Will I do NaNoWriMo 2012?

Yes, I think so! I thought it was a lot of fun! 


Did you participate in NaNoWriMo 2011?
How was it for you?
What's next for your novel?


Oooh, and look! I got this pretty certificate too.
I think I should frame it! ;)



To anyone who left encouraging comments and helpful advice on my NaNo progress reports - Thank You! It all helped! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment