Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Delightful Debutantes #12: Gwen Hayes & Falling Under.

Today's Delightful Debutante is Gwen Hayes! Falling Under released yesterday, so you can go pick up a copy right now! I've read a lot of good reviews for this one already, and take a look at that cover. Total cover swoon! Read on to find out more about Gwen and her delightful debut!

For any of my readers who don't know what Falling Under is all about, can you describe the book to them in just one sentence?

It's a classic shy girl meet handsome bo…wait, what exactly is he?

Where did you get the inspiration to write the story?

My first line inspired the whole shebang. Everything changed the night the burning man fell from the sky. I had no idea what was coming after…I just had that scene from that first line. 



The cover art for Falling Under is truly beautiful.  What were your first impressions when you saw it?

I cried and I'm not joking. It's so gorgeous. It was one of those moments when you can actually see your dream coming true. I highly recommend following your dreams, it's very satisfying.

I love bad boys in books, and Haden definitely sounds like he has bad boy potential! Who are some of your favorite bad boys in books or in movies?

It could be that we don't have time for this question! I love Edward Rochester from Jane Eyre, Johnny Bender from Breakfast Club, J.D from Heathers, Patrick in 10 Things I Hate About You, Patrick on General Hospital, Danny from Grease, Shane from The Glass House, Barrons from the Fever series…see what I mean? Next question.


Can you tell me your favourite YA debut of 2010 and let me know some upcoming debuts that you are looking forward to for 2011?

One debut? Gah. I adored Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson from 2010. And 2011 has me loving Beth Revis in Across the Universe.


Can you name three other books that you think readers of your book might enjoy?

The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore, The Glass House by Rachel Caine, and Enclave by Ann Aguirre.

Can you tell me what you are working on next?

At this very moment, I'm finishing the sequel to Falling Under. After that…I have a few tricks up my sleeve, but none that I can talk about yet. (Which means I have another series set in Serendipity Falls I'd like to write but also have this crazy story that won't leave me alone that is so goofy nobody would believe me if I tried to pitch it, but I'll probably write it anyway.)

Thanks for having me on your blog! I hope you all enjoy Falling Under.


Thank you, Gwen! I wish you every success with Falling Under!





Next up on Delightful Debutantes: Lisa and Laura Roecker & The Liar Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment