Monday, March 28, 2011

Recommend me some Contemporary YA Fiction!

So, as mentioned in my review of Anna and the French Kiss, I don't read a lot of contemporary YA fiction. I'm a paranormal romance girl at heart, but after reading and loving ANNA, I thought I'd branch out a little with my reading.  Trouble is, although I've gotten a lot of great recommendations, I'm not sure where to start!

Jenny from Wondrous Reads has given me some great recommendations, such as The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen, and The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols.  Jess from Jess Hearts Books recommends Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway, which is also recommended by Stephanie Perkins as a book people who love Anna and the French Kiss should read, so I'll definitely be adding that one to my list!   I want to read Jenny Han's Summer series after reading a lot of amazing reviews, and also Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson which releases here in July.




 Even though I've picked up some great recommendations, I'm pretty sure that with all my time spentIreading about vampires and werewolves, I've missed out on a lot of amazing reads, so I want to know what your top Contemporary YA reads are?  Tell me all your top reads and I'll make a list!

For the record, the only YA contemps that I've read (besides ANNA) are The first two books in the Perfect Chemistry series by Simone Elkeles and If I Stay by Gayle Forman.  I love them all, so I really should read more like them, right?

Tell me the books you think I simply must read in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment