Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Book News! Sweet Valley High grows up - read the first chapter of Sweet Valley Confidential to find out more!


I'm not ashamed to say that I was more than a little excited when I first heard that Francine Pascal was planning a Sweet Valley High sequel which would follow twins Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield into their late twenties and early thirties.  

Like a lot of people, I read the books as a teen, and I also watched the TV series. The books, while not the most well written, were a lot of fun, and I'm excited to find out what is going on in the worlds of  Liz, Jess and their friends. By now, I thought that Elizabeth and Todd would  would  have married for sure, and would be living that perfect Sweet Valley lifestyle, with their perfect blonde kids and matching jobs at the local newspaper. I'm telling you now that this is not how things have turned out.  Not at all....

Since I don't want to give a whole load of spoilers on here, you're going to have to check this out for yourself.  In the first chapter  we find Elizabeth living alone in New York.  She's not speaking to Jessica, and Todd is not on the scene.  I have my own thoughts on what exactly has happened between Elizabeth and Todd, but if you want to find out, sign up for the Sweet Valley Confidential newsletter here and you will receive the first chapter of Sweet Vally confidential to your email inbox.

It's fun! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment