Monday, December 23, 2013

My Top Ten Books of 2013, The One I Finally Read This Year, and The One I Need to Read in 2014!

It's time for another end-of-year list! Here are my Top Ten books of 2013, the books I FINALLY got around to reading this year, and the books I missed out on this year that I really need to read next year!

Want to see my list of 2012 favourites? Check it out HERE.



NUMBER ONE


What I Said

The First Last Kiss by Ali Harris is a truly emotional read that will tug at your heartstrings – guaranteed

Perfect for fans of One Day.

...a compelling storyline and a bittersweet twist that will stay with you long after you’ve said goodbye...



---

NUMBER TWO


What I Said

Honest, hard-hitting and heartbreaking, Undone will make you cry with its final twist – guaranteed.

An outstanding and important book, I urge you to pick up a copy of Undoneif you haven’t already done so. 



---

NUMBER THREE


What I Said

Inspired by the Amanda Knox trial, amongst other high profile cases, Dangerous Girls is a truly compelling read...

...one that will keep you turning the pages late into the night...

Perfectly plotted from start to finish...



--- 

NUMBER FOUR


What I Said

So much action (Kate totally rocks!), lots of plot-twists, a few surprises, funny times (I love the humour in these books!) and beautiful, beautiful swoony times, sometimes in hotel rooms. Yes.

...It doesn’t get much better than this series, which gets ALL THE STARS from me. 

I heart Paris. And I heart, heart, heart revenants.  



---

NUMBER FIVE


What I Said

Cruel Summer is Christopher Pike meets I Know What You Did Last Summer.

James Dawson obviously knows his (Point) Horror...

I literally did not put this book down once I picked it up...

Read my review of Cruel Summer by James Dawson

 ---

NUMBERS SIX-TEN




----

THE BOOK I FINALLY READ THIS YEAR


Yes, this was the year I FINALLY read The Hunger Games. I know, I know - what took me so long?! I will say that it was totally worth the wait! Also, I didn't just read the first book in the series - I read the ENTIRE series in a matter of days (Er, during NaNoWriMo, which wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had!) I also watched the first movie and I loved that too. As for teams -I was informed by Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict) that most people are Team Peeta, but I was on Team Gale from day one. That said, once Finnick turned up, I was all for him. I loved that guy! 

I also finally read Sarah Dessen this year. I started with The Moon and More (just because it was her newest release). I have to say that while I liked it, I didn't fall in love with it, but I plan to read some of her older titles next summer.
---

THE ONE I NEED TO READ IN 2014


I resolve to read both Fangirl and Eleanor & Park in 2014. I have heard such good things about Rainbow Rowell's books and I can't quite believe that I still haven't gotten around to reading anything by her. Shame on me. That said, I still haven't read Code Name Verity which I had on this list last year. So many books...



So, what do you think of my list of favourites? What was your favourite book of 2013? And are you very proud of me for FINALLY reading The Hunger Games?

Let me know in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment