Thursday, December 19, 2013

She's Making a List: Arianne Shares her Favourite Books of 2013!


I don't know about you, but I think 2013 must be one of the greatest years for YA reading on record! I read so many amazing books this year, it was next to impossible to come up with just ten. I could talk about why I love my choices forever but I'm actually hoping to not ramble too much on you today - so without further ado, I'm simply going to let the books and their quotes speak for themselves :) 

-- Arianne. 

------

NUMBER ONE



“Life is the tragedy,' she said bitterly. 'You know how they categorize Shakespeare's plays, right? If it ends with a wedding, it's a comedy. And if it ends with a funeral, it's a tragedy. So we're all living tragedies, because we all end the same way, and it isn't with a goddamn wedding.” 


-----

NUMBER TWO



“I like to imagine there were more of us in the beginning. Not many, I suppose. But more than there are now.”



----

NUMBER THREE



"The Republic's most wanted criminal is just a boy, sitting before me, suddenly vulnerable, laying all his weaknesses out for me to see."


REVIEW COMING SOON!

----

NUMBER FOUR



“There are different kinds of happy,” she said. “Some kinds don’t need any proof.” 



----

NUMBER FIVE



“If I poured all the lies I had told into the Mississippi, the river would rise and flood the city.” 

REVIEW COMING SOON!

----

BOOKS RELEASED IN 2012 THAT I LOVED IN 2013 



My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
The Look by Sophia Bennett
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Mystic City by Theo Lawrence

--

Thanks to Arianne for the fabulous guest post. I'm sure you'll all agree that there are some great books listed here! I can't believe I haven't yet read My Life Next Door or Code Name Verity (I know, I know!) I promise to get to those two in the New Year.

What do you think of Arianne's end-of-year list? Any of your personal favourites on there?

No comments:

Post a Comment